MScPT, BSc HK, SFR
Ashley is an Ottawa native who graduated with a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Toronto after completing her undergraduate degree in Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa. She has spent the last 10 years of practice enhancing her treatment skills as well as her understanding and management of various clinical conditions. Ashley has significant experience treating individuals of all backgrounds including high level athletes, weekend warriors and those new or inexperienced with physical activity.
Ashley’s rehabilitation philosophy is based on a “hands on” manual therapy approach, which is supplemented by a home exercise program to target key muscle groups, taping techniques, acupuncture/dry needling and modalities for pain, inflammation and muscle activation. She has considerable experience treating a wide range of patient demographics from children to geriatrics. Her patients include individuals from non-sport backgrounds as well as high level athletes.
Training and Experience
As a part of her commitment to continuing education, Ashley has completed the following courses and certifications:
• Sport First Responder
• Complete Concussion Management
• Level 1 Manual Therapy, Level 2 Lower Extremity;
• Dry Needling; upper and lower extremity, cervico-thoracic, lumbo-pelvic
• Kinetacore Functional Dry Needling Level 1;
• Acupuncture Level AA1 + AA2
• Soft Tissue Release
• Mulligan Concept Upper Quadrant;
• Trained in Gait analysis, Orthotic casting and Gait Scan Technology;
• Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute Courses:
• Sacroiliac Joint and Pelvis complex (part 1 and 2)
• Cervical Spine: Neural Tissue Mechanosensitivity and Articular Dysfunctions;
• Thoracic Spine (part 1 and 2);
• Lumbar Spine Articular Dysfunctions;
• Foot and ankle complex
Outside of work, Ashley loves spending time with her young son, husband and her labradoodle being active or enjoying cottage life. She has always been involved in sport and continues to enjoy playing various sports all year round. During her undergraduate studies at the University of Ottawa she was a member of the Varsity Women’s Hockey Program. She has also been a member of the Ottawa Senators Women’s hockey team in the Canadian Women’s Hockey League. In addition to hockey, Ashley has won 3 national championships playing touch football as a member of the Ottawa Devils.
Please feel free to stop by the clinic located at 701 Eagleson Road in Kanata. If you wish to book and appointment or have questions for Ashley, please email her at email@example.com