DC, B. Sc
Dr. Thurston is an Ottawa native who received her Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and Coaching Specialist Certification at Bemidji State University in Minnesota while playing NCAA Division I Hockey for 4 years. She completed her Doctor of Chiropractic at New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls, New York. She has valuable experience examining, diagnosing and treating a diverse population with a number of different cases including spinal and extremity complaints.
Dr. Thurston uses a range of assessment tools including functional, structural neuromusculoskeletal and orthopaedic testing to find the root cause of a patient’s complaint. Her treatments consist of soft tissue therapy, taping, instrument-assisted tools, mobilizations and chiropractic manipulations when indicated. She also focuses on patient education and movement-based rehabilitation in order to help her patients achieve their goals.
Training and Experience
As a part of her commitment to continuing education, Dr. Thurston has completed the following courses and certifications:
• Active Release Technique (2016)
• Rocktape Kinesiology Taping – Functional Movement Techniques
• FMT Basic and Performance Certified
• Custom Stabilizing Orthotics, Advanced Lower Extremity Movement Analysis
• Activator Method, Basic Proficiency/Intermediate Level
• ConnecTX Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy
• American National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Certified
• Part I, II, III, IV, Physiotherapy
• First Aid, CPR, AED Care Provider
When not in the clinic, Dr. Thurston enjoys spending time with family, friends, and her dog Ricki. She has always been involved in competitive sports and enjoys playing hockey, soccer and spending time at the gym. She is currently coaching youth hockey programs at Peak Performance Centre in Kanata
Please feel free to stop by the clinic located at 701 Eagleson Road in Kanata. If you wish to book and appointment or have questions for Dr. Thurston, please email her at email@example.com