DR. Mackenzie Thurston
Background and Treatment Approach
My goal is to focus on education and movement-based rehabilitation with you in order to help you achieve your goals.
I received my Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and Coaching Specialist Certification at Bemidji State University in Minnesota while I played NCAA Division I Hockey for 4 years. I then went on to complete my Doctorate of Chiropractic at New York Chiropractic College in Seneca Falls, New York.
I use a range of assessment tools including functional, structural, neuromusculoskeletal and orthopaedic testing to find the root cause of your complaint. My treatments consist of soft tissue therapy, taping, instrument-assisted tools, mobilizations and chiropractic manipulations when indicated.
My background and education has afforded me valuable experience in examining, diagnosing and treating a diverse population with a number of different cases including spinal and extremity complaints.
Training and Experience
As a part of my commitment to continuing education and to your care, I have completed the following courses and certifications:
- Active Release Technique (2016)
- Rocktape Kinesiology Taping – Functional Movement Techniques
- Complete Concussion Management
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) Exercise Course – Prague School of Rehabilitation
- FMT Basic and Performance Certified
- Custom Stabilizing Orthotics, Advanced Lower Extremity Movement Analysis
- Activator Method, Basic Proficiency/Intermediate Level
- ConnecTX Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Therapy
- First Aid, CPR, AED Care Provide
When not in the clinic, I enjoy spending time with family, friends, and my dog Ricki. I have always been involved in competitive sports and enjoy playing hockey, soccer and spending time at the gym. I am currently coaching youth hockey programs at Peak Performance Centre in Kanata