Background and Treatment Approach
My main objectives as your physiotherapist are to help you return to your pre-injury level of functioning, to prevent future injuries from occurring, and to ultimately improve your overall quality of life and independence.
I obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from SUNY Potsdam, where I played NCAA ice hockey. I then received my Master’s in Physiotherapy at McMaster University.
I use a variety of assessment skills to create a unique treatment plan that is tailored specifically to meet your individual needs and goals. My treatments may include hands on manual therapy and mobilizations, exercise prescription, functional dry needling, modalities, and education to help you understand the root causes of “your” pain and dysfunction.
Training and Experience
As a part of my commitment to continuing education and to your care, I have completed the following courses and certifications:
- Functional Dry Needling Kinetacore Level 1
- Vestibular Rehab and Balance Disorders
- Advanced Physical Therapy Lumbo-pelvic Certification Program
- Complete Concussion Management
- Chedoke McMaster Stroke Assessment Training
- Athletic Movement Assessment- Lower Extremity
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 1&2
- Trauma and the Pelvic Floor
- Athletic Taping Certificate
With a passion for the outdoors, I devote myself to spending as much time as possible on varied outdoor pursuits. My mission to keep fit and active has me participating in a women’s ice hockey league. Coming from a large family, I place a high importance on ensuring plenty of quality time with my family and friends.